Points are incorporeal bits of love that you earn for giving your time and effort in support of the Communications Residential College.
You can earn points when you:
- Attend intradorm events like ACMs, Firesides, and Recogs,
- Rep CRC in interdorm events like IM Sports and RCB QuizBowl
- Participate in marathons, be they Radio or Dance
- Show up for speakers or events around campus
- Be philanthropic in the Northwestern and Evanston communities
You gain preferred status for one quarter when you satisfy the requirements at the end of every academic quarter.
Members whom do not earn preferred status are considered acceptable for that quarter.
As of the 2016-2017 academic year, the requirements to earn preferred status in one quarter are:
For resident members:
- At least 20 points in total; of which
- at least 6 have to be attendance points;
- at least 9 have to be social points;
- at least 1 has to be an intramural point;
- at least 1 has to be an academic point; but
- no more than 3 academic points may be from outside of CRC; and
- at least 4 have to be philanthropy points; of which
- at least 1 has to be a green point.
For non-resident members:
- At least 6 points in total; of which
- at least 2 have to be attendance points;
- at least 3 have to be social points; and
- at least 1 has to be an philanthropy point.
In general, every event that you attend – such as one fireside, one all-college meeting, or one intramural match – counts as one point.
For philanthropy events, every hour contributed to the event counts as one point. Participating in Dance Marathon counts as three philanthropy points.
Final rulings on the eligibility of events for points are made by the Vice President of the Communications Residential College.